AKIC (Aekyung Inovation Center) Introduction
With an objective to use the Design Center as the Company’s Innovation Engine,
AEKYUNG seeks for Continuous Changes.
Aekyung Innovation Center (AKIC) remodeled and opened the existing Aekyung Design Center in line with the company's management strategy. The five-story Aekyung Innovation Center applied visual beauty through light using metal and glass as its main materials.
AK STATION was installed on the first floor to create a space that can be used for various purposes such as pop-up stores and small exhibitions. On the second floor, a new studio where you can create content is organized, and conference rooms and rest areas are prepared. The 3rd floor consists of subsidiary Wonsing, and the 4th and 5th floors consist of work spaces. The rooftop is designed to allow employees to relax.
Aekyung Industrial will use Aekyung Innovation Center as an innovative growth engine for companies and pursue continuous changes
2016 ~ Till date
Communication and Sympathy through Design, Expansion
- Conducted consistent researches on customer-loving and environment-honoring activities
- Evolution of Process with Concept Design Suggestion
- Expansion of Creativity – In and Out of the Company Building
2009 ~ 2015
Value Innovation through Design
- Brand Value Innovation through Design Competitiveness
- Implemented Convenient Smart Design Strategy to customers which is also beneficial to environment in every stage of Product Life Cycle
- Received Grand Prize in ‘the 11th Korea Design Award’, The Top award in the field of Design Awarded as a Presidential Prize in Design Management Sector
2004 ~ 2009
Design Maturing Stage
- Benefit contribution through design by securing Product Competitiveness
- Integration of Design Center- Design Team + Package Development Team
- Design Center Building newly constructed
- 23 Designers and Developers
1998 ~ 2003
Design Developing Stage
- Expansion of Design Contribution Rate through the Group and Corporate Design Support
- Task expanded from Household Goods to Cosmetics
- Design Center under direct control of the CEO
- 12 designers
1991 ~ 1997
Design Initial Stage
- Focused on Differentiated Design, expressed the Importance of Design
- Design department under Marketing
- 12 designers
1985 ~ 1990
- Used the design of Unilever, the joint the joint-venture corporate
- Design Hall of Marketing
- 2 Designers
Design Center Strategic Map
Design for Customer-Loving, Environment-Honoring Future
Good Products Beneficial for People and Environment
Sincerity/ Convenience/ Eco-Friendly
Good Design Reduces Marketing Expenses. Design that Elevates Brand Value
Person who Works and Enjoys Passionately, Person who is inquisitive and Creative, Person who can think DIFFERENTLY.
Tomorrow that holds the Customer’s Design
As the Life-Culture Company endeavoring to raise the standard of customers’ life, AEKYUNG designs life culture of today’s happiness and tomorrow’s affluence for customers. This is the design philosophy of AEKYUNG.
- VALUE Invisible Value of Purity. AEKYUNG Design thinks about hidden value. Design that discovers and holds natural values.
- USABILITY Convenience. Having Customers at Heart. Design that Sympathizes with Customers through Optimized Design and Intuitive Expression.
- UNIQUE Pleasure, Making Life Meaningful. AEKYUNG Design thinks of pleasant Life. Delightful Design that makes peoples life pleasant and meaningful.